How to Make Homemade Sandwich Bread?
What’s more rewarding than making a sandwich is baking the bread for it. Soft, fluffy, melt-in-the-mouth bread just enhances the taste of any sandwich, don’t you agree? A loaf from the supermarket might have a good savor, but it can’t have the same taste, texture, or aroma as a home-baked one. So, you’re an avid baker or just someone who loves baking, then making your own homemade sandwich bread is surely a great idea.
If you’re wondering how to make sandwich bread that’s sold in the supermarket, then here is the step-by-step process of the recipe. Besides, to make your work a bit easier, you can always use a good quality stand cum dough mixer for kneading. Try the Acekool’s Mixer MC1 - Tilt-Head Electric Stand Mixer with stainless steel bowl. This stand mixer can meet all your baking needs quite well.
So, let’s begin with baking your homemade sandwich bread.
Tools and Ingredients You Need
Besides ingredients, you also need a couple of kitchen tools and appliances for measuring the quantities of ingredients properly. You will need measuring cups and spoons, a large mixing bowl (in case you aren’t using a stand mixer), a measuring jug, 2 loaf pans, elbow grease, and a stand mixer; possibly Acekool’s stand mixer.
Now, let’s take a look at the ingredients you would need to bake a sandwich bread that’s sold in the supermarket. You would need 440g approx. flour, ½ cup of milk, 9 grams of yeast, 1.5 teaspoons of table salt, 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, and 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter (preferably softened or melted). And ¾ cup of water for mixing the yeast.
Now that you know all that you will need, let’s proceed with the recipe.
How to Make Sandwich Bread
Before you start with the process of baking, just make sure that you check the quantities of the ingredients well. Even though baking a loaf of bread isn’t rocket science, yet getting the perfect, spongy loaf is definitely a skill.
So, let’s begin…
- Start with combining ½ cup of milk and ¾-cup of water in a mixing jug, heat it at 98° F or 37° C, and then add 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast. Mix well and then let it sit for around 10 minutes.
- Don’t forget to cover the jug with plastic wrap. Once this is done, move on to the next step.
- Take your stand mixer stainless steel bowl and add 440 grams of flour, 1.5 tablespoons of salt with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Give a gentle stir. Then set the bowl in the stand mixer and attach the dough hook followed by mixing the dry ingredients at a low speed. To this, start adding the milk-yeast mix slowly so that it gets mixed well forming soft cohesive dough. Continue the kneading process for 2-3 minutes till you see it turns into soft fluffy dough.
- Now while the dough is still mixing, start adding the softened butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. After you added 3 tablespoons of butter, allow it to mix for another 2 minutes before you transfer it to another bowl.
- Grease the dough and allow it to rise for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare your loaf pan by greasing it with melted butter. After an hour, bring your bread dough, punch it down, and now using a rolling pin spread the dough into a rectangle of about half-inch thickness. Then roll it up, place it on the greased loaf pan and cover it will damp tissue or another loaf pan to allow it to rise for another 45 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature.
- With this, half of your work is done, as now you just have to bake it. Once the dough loaf rises almost double its size, slide it into the oven set at 350 ° F for 35 to 40 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Once done, take it out and let it cool down before you can start slicing into properly symmetrical sandwich bread slices. Well, you can prepare your favorite grilled cheese sandwich or avocado sandwich with these bread slices using a toaster. Isn’t it that easy?
Now that you know how to make sandwich bread that’s sold in the supermarket, we hope you make your own loaf rather than buying it from the store. You can even store it for up to 6 weeks. Healthy, yummy, and extremely easy, try this recipe today and do take the assistance of the Acekool Mixer MC1- Tilt-Head Electric Stand Mixer to save your time and energy.