Mosquitos can be more than just pesky pests… Some mosquitos can carry serious diseases that if untreated can complicate and even cause death. We listed a few good-to-know things about mosquitos you should definitely take time to read.
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spent the night with a mosquito.”
This African proverb says it all about mosquitos! They are pesky insects that are irritating and their “bites” can leave itchy spots, or in worst case serious disease.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 200 types of mosquitoes live in the continental United States and US territories; of these 200, about 12 types spread germs that can make people sick. Most common mosquito-borne diseases in the US are: Zika virus, West Nile virus, Chikungunya virus, dengue, and malaria.
Infection with mosquito-borne disease signs and symptoms vary depending on disease. Although majority of people don't get sick, or have only mild symptoms; only is some rare cases infected mosquito bites can cause serious problems (such as encephalitis).
As said, symptoms vary depending on the disease, but most common include:
- muscle pain
- joint pain
How to prevent mosquito bites?
This isn’t a simple task and there is no one simple solution…it is more of combining several methods and hope it will work. You can try wearing clothing that covers as much as possible, leave minimum exposed skin. You can also use some of the mosquito repellents; you can use automatic repellents that use frequencies, or scents; or some that are applied to your skin which are also scent based. Or you can try to be proactive and “fight” against mosquitos more actively; you can try to remove any still water i.e. places where rain is collected like buckets, barrels, tires...by this you are trying actively to reduce places where mosquitoes lay eggs; also you can use some of the sprays and actively try to spread it around your property to kill mosquitos and/or prevent them from further procreating. If you want actively to fight mosquitos, but don’t want or need to do it thoroughly, quick solution can be electric mosquito zappers.
One of the very efficient anti-mosquito tools that we can recommend is:
RONSHIN Electric Mosquito and Bug Zapper:
- Mosquito Killer Lamp: Best for catching mosquitoes, fruit flies and mosquitoes. UV lamps, mosquito attractants and carbon dioxide lure them in, and the mosquito killer motor will electrocute the mosquitoes instantly. Finally, the fan suction cups suck away the mosquito carcasses for storage and cleaning.
- Safe for humans and pets: No more pesticides or potentially harmful sprays. No irritating odor, non-toxic and harmless to human body. We encapsulate the motor in a durable ABS plastic housing to prevent potential shock injuries to pets and children.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND USB POWERED OR 2000mAh RECHARGEABLE: The mosquito killer has a large tray at the bottom of the device for dead flies. To clean it, just remove the tray and clean with a brush or rinse with lukewarm water. Fast and effective! USB power supply or built-in 2000mAh 18650 lithium battery, fully charged can last 6 hours.
- Powerful and effective: The indoor UV mosquito killer is also relatively quiet, can be used as a night light, and is comfortable to use at night. We have an effective area of 35 square meters. Suitable for bedrooms, living rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, offices, hotels, etc. Turn it on three hours before bed for best results.
- How to use it better: Works better in enclosed and dark areas. Set the trap as close to the insects as possible: for example, near fruit, plants or trash cans. The product has built-in hooks, which can be hung in the tent, portable, energy-saving and safe.