Unexpected guests at your door steps…friends or relatives that just wanted to surprise you…yes, it makes your day great, but at the moment you see them and surprise effect is done, you start thinking do you have some snacks or sweets in your fridge… Check out 5 recipes to prepare and feel happy about it!
No matter how happy you are when some dear friend or relatives come to your doorstep, as unexpected guests, to surprise you, after the initial excitement is settled you want to be the best host possible. But what can prepare quickly so you don't to get stuck in kitchen while guests are waiting for you? We have made a list of some cool drinks and dips and snacks, as well as some desserts…
- Oreo Truffles. This is quick and simple recipe for delicious dessert made based on the Oreo (or similar) cookies. You need only 5 minutes, 3 ingredients, and a blender!
- 24 Oreo biscuits
- 125g Cream cheese
- 200g White chocolate
Blend Oreo biscuits, add cream cheese to the mass and blend again until it looks fully unified. Make 8-10 balls from that mass. Take white chocolate and melt it (on a stove; best to do it on water). Dip/roll them into the melted chocolate and after you finish, put on a plate and in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Banana Smoothie. This is quick and simple recipe that will leave the impression of healthy, refreshing drink. All you need is few fresh ingredients and a smoothie blender. Just add the following ingredients (in this order):
- 4 to 6 ounces of milk or any other dairy substitute
- 1 banana cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- A handful of small ice cubes
Optional: To additionally add to the taste and lively color, add one or two strawberries, raspberries, or other fruit you feel would fit.
- Rosemary, garlic & chili popcorn. One of our favorites! Popcorns are perfect snack itself, but when you add some more unusual taste, you get that "wow" effect…
- 2 table spoons of rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves (lightly bashed)
- 1 table spoon of chili pepper
- Finely chopped small bunch of rosemary
- Popcorn kernels (around 150g)
It takes only 2 simple steps. Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat, fry the garlic, chili, and rosemary in it for 2-3min. When done, leave it for 30min for the oil to infuse the taste. After 30min remove the garlic from the oil (it was there only for aroma, it shouldn't be used anymore). Prepare the popcorns as you usually do (or as suggested on the pack), ideally use a popcorn maker machine so you more free time. When finished, season the popcorns with the rosemary-garlic-chili oil and serve straightaway.
Keep in mind that these recipes don't have to be followed to the detail! It is understandable that you might not have all the ingredients…but that's where your creativity comes in place. Find similar ingredient that could be a good replacement. Or add something totally different that you believe would fit perfectly instead.